Zucchini Potato Fritters


Before I made these hearty Zucchini Falafels, I made these fritters. If you are wondering about the order of posting - yeah well, this is how I post. As is the norm, something that I will be making tomorrow for the blog, will eventually find its way 4 months from now. At times I also write the entire post and keep it ready only to post so much later that I find what I wrote is much outdated. Well , now you know one of my quirks! Coming back to these fritters - these won the f(l)avor hands down in my family and were repeated 5-6 times before the ban on Zucchini happened (and I had to start hiding them like in these falafels)



Ingredients
12 Oz/340 grams/2 small-medium Zucchini, see Tips
1/4 cup grated Carrot
1/2 cup (abt 1 small potato) boiled and mashed Potato
1/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp dried Thyme (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method
Grate the Zucchini. Use the large hole.
Place it in a colander and 1 tsp Salt to it. Toss to combine and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
Squeeze the water out of zucchini. You can use your hands or use a cheesecloth like I have done for my Zucchini Falafels.
Add them along with thyme, potatoes and carrots in a bowl. You can at this point do a taste test to see if you want more salt. Season accordingly.
In another bowl, mix the flour and baking powder until combined.
Add it to the vegetable mixture.

Full Reading: http://chefinyou.com/2012/08/20/zucchini-potato-fritters/
close
==[ Klik disini 2X ] [ Close ]==